Enjoy an amazing artist in a fantastic new venue FREE! Ruthie Foster is a multi-talented singer and songwriter and she’ll perform live in the new Nugget Event Center as part of ARTOWN. Pick up your free tickets in advance at the Nugget Casino Resort Bus Information Center (inside the Nugget Casino Resort). See schedule below.
All tickets are assigned seating on a first come-first served basis.
Box Office Hours
June 27, 28 and 29, 2019 4p-8p
June 30 12p-4p, 2019 4p-8p
July 11 beginning at 12n
Inside the Victorian Avenue doors at the Nugget Casino Resort Bus Info desk.
Artown and the Nugget want everyone to have an enjoyable experience. Please observe and comply with the following rules.
1. No weapons of any kind (includes pocket knives, pepper spray, mace, fireworks etc.)
2. No outside food or beverages or coolers of any kind
3. No animals
4. No tents or outside chairs (of any kind) allowed. Seating will be available inside the venue.
5. Please maintain a clear pathway for aisles and walkways.
6. No glass
7. No bicycles, skateboards or other vehicles may be ridden in event area.
8. Smoking is only allowed in designated areas.
9. No professional recording equipment – photo, video or audio (detachable lenses)
10. No drugs
11. No large bags or backpacks larger than 12” X 12” X 6”
12. No balloons, balls or frisbees
13. No Air horns or other noise making devices
- Q: Is there an age limit for the show? A: Open to all ages. Children over 2 years old must have a ticket.
- Q: What time does it open? A: Doors open at 5 pm.
- Q: How many tickets can I get? A: 4 tickets per person limit.
- Q: How does the seating work? A: Tickets are for assigned seats, first come-first served with the exception of bleacher seating which is general admission.
- Q: Are there Handicapped seats available? A: ADA compliant seating is available.
- Q: What time does the show start? A: 7:30 pm.
- Q: Who is Ruthie Foster? A: An incredibly talented singer and songwriter, performing blues to jazz, gospel, folk and soul music.
- Q: If food and beverages are not allowed into the venue, where can I purchase these items? A: You can purchase food and beverages inside the Nugget Event Center or try any of our restaurants inside the Nugget Casino Resort.
ABOUT THE PERFORMER
In the tightknit musical community of Austin, Texas, it’s tough to get away with posturing. You either bring it, or you don’t.
If you do, word gets around. And one day, you find yourself duetting with Bonnie Raitt, or standing onstage with the Allman Brothers at New York’s Beacon Theater and trading verses with Susan Tedeschi. You might even wind up getting nominated for a Best Blues Album Grammy — three times in a row. And those nominations would be in addition to your seven Blues Music Awards, three Austin Music Awards, the Grand Prix du Disque award from the Académie Charles-Cros in France, a Living Blues Critics’ Award for Female Blues Artist of the Year, and the title of an “inspiring American Artist” as a United States Artists 2018 Fellow.
There’s only one Austinite with that résumé: Ruthie Foster. And with the release of her latest album, Joy Comes Back, the Recording Academy might want to put its engraver on notice. Because every note on it confirms this truth: It’s Ruthie’s time. The small rural town of Gause, TX had no chance of keeping the vocal powerhouse known as Ruthie Foster to itself. Described by Rolling Stone as “pure magic to watch and hear,” her vocal talent was elevated in worship services at her community church. Drawing influence from legendary acts like Mavis Staples and Aretha Franklin, Foster developed a unique sound unable to be contained within a single genre. That uniqueness echoes a common theme in Ruthie’s life and career – marching to the beat of her own drum.