Are your Uber and Lyft habits normal? Over 20,000 people recently took an online poll on ride-share services. Here are seven questions, and how people answered them.
1. Uber or Lyft? 70% said Uber, 26% prefer Lyft, and 4% use some other app.
2. Do you normally wait outside or inside? 59% said they wait outside by the curb.
3. Do you like talking to your driver? Only 5% said yes, always. 67% said it depends on their mood, or on the driver. 28% almost always prefer no talking.
4. Do you sit up front, or in the back? 10% of us prefer sitting up front with the driver.
5. Is it common for you to ask the driver to change the music, or mess with the temperature? 88% said no, it’s not worth the hassle.
6. How casual are you with a five-star review? 79% usually give their driver five stars, unless something really bad happens. 16% don’t normally rate drivers. Only 5% said they’re strict with their five-star reviews.
7. Do you tip them? 43% usually do, 29% said rarely or never, and 28% said yes, but only if there’s a special reason.